According to WANDTV online, if you’re having those pesky sinus of flu symptoms this time of year and use a Neti Pot to relieve the pressure, you could potentially be making it worse with brain-eating amoebas. Neti pots are devices used to treat allergy symptoms, colds, and any sinus congestion. They look like tea pots and if used properly can help relieve your symptoms. But the US Food and Drug Association recently warned users of Neti pots to make sure when in use to be distilled, sterile, or boiled water and not use tap water. The tap water can have bacteria and protozoa, (amoebas) that can infect users. The pots need to also be cleaned properly, also with boiled water or bacteria in tap water will become trapped in the pot the next time in use. While cases have been rare of brain-eating amoebas, only two since 2011, the FDA again says it is possible if not proper use of product.
More on the Story Here!