Thanks to the Lumpkin Family Foundation’s generosity, Ride Illinois is coming to town and we need you there! Come support cycling in Mattoon and share ideas about what you’d like to see in the future. A brainstorming workshop will be held Wednesday, April 11 at Burgess Osborne Auditorium in Mattoon from 6:30pm to 8pm.
The City of Mattoon and Mattoon In Motion are working together on a city-wide bicycle transportation plan. We are kicking this off with a public brainstorming workshop. Please bring your ideas for bike routes throughout town. Your input will help focus our planning efforts and prioritize where improvements are made.
The workshop’s 90-minute agenda will include:
1. Introduction of the bicycle planning effort
2. Description of some types of improvements that may be considered
3. Attendees will mark up individual maps with their ideas
4. Small groups prioritize and report suggestions
5. Next steps – plus how to stay involved and updated
If you are unable to attend, please submit your ideas to Rick Hall, the City of Mattoon at firstname.lastname@example.org