Springfield – The Illinois State Police is requesting the public to help honor our Fallen Brother Trooper Ryan Albin on July 6th, 2017. The emergency services procession for Trooper Albin will depart the Blue Ridge High School immediately following the funeral service on Thursday, July 6, 2017, and travel to the Bellflower Cemetery. The procession is projected to depart the high school at approximately 12:00 PM and will follow the below route at a low speed of approximately 20 miles per hour. Those that wish to view the procession are welcome to do so and should consider the locations noted below as ideal viewing opportunities.
Those that choose to view in Farmer City, Mansfield, or Bellflower should consider the slow speed of the procession and the distance of their viewing location when planning attendance. Estimated time of arrival in Mansfield is 12:20 PM and estimated time of arrival in Bellflower is 12:55 PM (note: times are estimates based on final time of departure from the high school).
Depart: Blue Ridge High School
(Thursday, July 6th @ approximately 12:00 PM)
- 411 N. John Street, Farmer City, Illinois (Blue Ridge High School)
- South on JOHN STREET to W. CLINTON AVENUE (Route 54) – procession viewing area along JOHN STREET in Farmer City – do not park along JOHN STREET.
- East on CLINTON AVENUE (Route 54) – procession viewing area along CLINTON AVENUE in Farmer City. The procession will continue along CLINTON AVENUE (US 54) in Farmer City to the intersection of US Route 150.
- The procession will continue east on US Route 150 into the city of Mansfield where it will turn and go north on N. MCKINLEY STREET out of town. There is ample procession viewing opportunity along the entire route through the city of Mansfield.
- The procession will continue north on PIATT COUNTY HIGHWAY 2 (1300E turning into 4000E) to the intersection of US Route 136 where it will turn west to the BELLFLOWER ROAD (3850E)
- The procession will turn north on the BELLFLOWER ROAD (3850E) and continue through the town of BELLFLOWER to the BELLFLOWER CEMETERY to the north of the town. There will be ample viewing opportunity along the route in BELLFLOWER.
END: Bellflower Cemetery