Six local students recently received scholarships totaling $3,900 from the Consolidated Communications Iverson A. Lumpkin Pioneer Club.
The 2016 recipients of the Iverson A. Lumpkin Pioneer Club scholarship each received a $650 scholarship. Winners were:
- Jordan Katz, sponsored by her grandmother Karen Breames, will be attending Lake Land College.
- Lauren Romack, sponsored by her mother, Shelly Romack, will attend Lake Land College.
- Austin Swango, sponsored by his grandmother, Theresa Nelson Swango, will attend Lincoln Land Community College.
- Kollin Seaman, sponsored by his mother, Jane Seaman, will attend Parkland College.
- Brianna Sowers, sponsored by her father, Rick Sowers, will be attending Lake Land College.
- Kenzie Leeman, sponsored by her grandfather, Bob Barnd. She will attend Lake Land College.
To be eligible for a Pioneer Club scholarship, applicants must be a child, grandchild or great-grandchild of a Pioneer Club member, have a 3.0 GPA and be enrolling in a two or four-year accredited college. For more information, visit http://www.ialpioneerclub.org/.
The Mattoon-based Pioneer Club chapter of the Illinois Telecommunications Pioneers Organization includes employees, retirees and former Consolidated Communications employees. Since 1990, the club has awarded more than $135,000 to more than 200 scholarship recipients.
About Consolidated Communications.
Consolidated Communications (NASDAQ: CNSL) provides business and broadband communications services across its 11-state service area to carrier, commercial and consumer customers. For more than a century, the Company has consistently provided innovative, reliable, high-quality products and services. Consolidated Communications offers a wide range of communications solutions including: High-Speed Internet, Data, Digital TV, Phone, managed and cloud services and wireless backhaul over an extensive fiber optic network. Learn more about Consolidated Communications at consolidated.com.