The Lake Land College Foundation is accepting year-end gifts that support students and college programs.
“With the holiday season around the corner, it’s important to remember that the gift of education is one that keeps giving,” said Lake Land College Executive Director for College Advancement Jackie Joines. “The Lake Land College Foundation is a great organization to give to and we want to make that process as easy as possible.”
Since the college is open through Dec. 22 in observance of the holidays, the foundation is ready to help donors make their gifts.
Options for giving include:
- Make a secure gift online. Go to www.lakelandcollege.edu and look for the “Give” button at the top right of the page. Gifts can be made online until midnight on Dec. 31 to receive a 2016 charitable gift credit.
- Make a gift by check dated prior to Dec. 31, 2016. Checks dated prior to Dec. 31, 2016 and received by Jan. 3, 2017 will be receipted as a 2016 charitable gift.
- Make a gift through the IRA Rollover method for those 70 ½ required to take the mandatory minimum distribution. Rollover gifts must be dated prior to Dec. 31, 2016 and received by Jan. 3 2017 to be receipted as a 2016 charitable gift.
- Gifts of appreciated stock can be the ideal choice for donors to make a year-end gift with a big impact at a reduced cost, Joines said. Transfers must be received by the foundation before the end of business on Dec. 30 to be receipted as a 2016 charitable gift.
- Contact Joines at 217-234-5354 by Dec. 22, for more information on making a year-end gift to be credited to the 2016 tax year.
“All methods of giving are appreciated and make a huge difference in the lives of Lake Land College students,” Joines said. “No matter the method, you have the opportunity to benefit students and programs any way you would like and be recognized for your generosity.”
“The IRA Rollover method is a great option for those 70½ who have to take the mandatory minimum withdrawal from their IRA, but don’t need the additional income and would like to make a charitable gift,” Joines said. “Likewise, gifts of appreciated stock allow the donor to make a larger impact and enjoy the reduced cost basis.”
As with any gift, Joines encourages donors to check with their professional advisor to know what method of giving is best.
To learn more about year-end giving, contact Joines at email@example.com or 217-234-5354. This email and the voice mail for this phone number will be checked on a regular basis throughout the holiday break between Dec. 23 and Jan. 3. To learn more about the foundation, visit www.lakelandcollege.edu/dv/fd/.
The Lake Land College Foundation is a nonprofit corporation dedicated to securing private support that enhances the learning experience of Lake Land College students.