(Milwaukee, WI) — A Wisconsin woman is dead after getting an infection from a bacteria found in her dog’s saliva. Dan Larson says he’s devastated by losing his wife Sharon at 58 years old.
The couple had recently adopted a new puppy, but when it nipped her, a small cut would prove fatal. Sharon began having flu-like symptoms and died just two days after being hospitalized. Doctors say the bacteria is a normal element to pets’ systems, but those who are over 40, have had their spleens removed or those with weak immune symptoms have a higher chance of falling gravely ill. It’s the same bacteria that caused another Milwaukee-area man to have his legs and forearms amputated this summer.
Larson says the rare chance of dying from this disease is unbelievable.
Dr. Silvia Munoz-Price says there’s no concern for a biological epidemic from this bacteria.
Madelaine Braggs/wm NBC)
Copyright © 2018
TTWN Media Networks LLC